In Term One our topic is Marvellous Me!
As the children are settling into life at St Helen's and full-time schooling we want to ensure they are happy and feel safe at school. We will spend time getting to know each other by asking questions during circle time sessions and taking turns to answer them.
The topic overview gives you an insight into what children will be learning about and some of the activities they will enjoy at school this half term.
Ideas to try at home to help your child include:
- practising their pencil grip, try to encourage a tripod grip if your child is ready
- name writing and recognition
- reading and enjoying different stories together
- looking at numbers 1-5 or 1-10 if your child is ready
- practising getting dressed for school independently
- practising putting their coat on and doing up their own zip