What is Forest School?
The following description was taken from the Forest School Association website (https://forestschoolassociation.org/)
"Forest School is a child-centred inspirational learning process, that offers opportunities for holistic growth through regular sessions. It is a long-term program that supports play, exploration and supported risk taking. It develops confidence and self-esteem through learner inspired, hands-on experiences in a natural setting."
What are the benefits to Forest School?
Forest School has so many benefits, some of which are listed below:
* Improved listening and attention
* Develops vocabulary and communication
* Provides a secure space for experimentation, risk-taking and problem solving
* Develops perseverance and resilience
* Increased self-confidence and awareness of other's needs
* Learn useful skills such as safe tool use, knots, weaving, fire lighting and fire safety
* Children learn about different plants, flowers and animals
* Exploring and knowing the difference between flora and fauna
* Children learn to work with wood to design and help to build different projects
* Inspires a deep and meaningful connection to the world around them